What is RCIA?
RCIA stands for the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. It is the process by which adults are welcomed into membership of the Roman Catholic Church. There is also an adapted version for children who have reached the age of reason.
- A journey of faith. There are a number of different phases, with no specific timeframes.
- A time of discovering about being a son or daughter of God who is loving and gracious.
- An opportunity to reflect on a personal relationship with God and how God calls everyone.
- A period of getting to know Jesus Christ more deeply.
RCIA is for:
- Adults and young people who are unbaptised.
- Adults and young people who are already baptised in another Christian Church.
- Catholics who have been baptised but have not completed their initiation into the Catholic Church.
If you would like to find out more about the RCIA programme, please reach out to the parish office.